Saturday, June 27, 2009

Diary entry of Hari after events in the text

Dear Diary,
Today is the first time I went to the bazaar to sell the eggs from the poultry farm in the backyard. Coincidentally, the de Silvas came back from Bombay today. The cook bought half of my eggs. At the bazaar, I sold the eggs in less than an hour, at a very good profit, too! I walked home happily after that to show Lila the money I made. Lila was very happy with me. Mother then told me to get some coconuts to sell to the de Silvas.I got 6 coconuts from the coconut trees. However, the cook wasn't impressed with the coconuts. Just then, Mr de Silva came out and said he wanted to buy them. He gave me a 10 rupee note and told me to keep it! I actually made 8 rupees more than what I usually got from 6 coconuts!
That night, Father praised me for my hard work. This is the best day of my life!
Good Night,
Hari.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should write a longer diary entry, and also a more interesting or eventful one, such as Hari going back to Bombay to visit Jagu and Mr Panwallah.

    Yang Hao Yuan 1A231

    ReplyDelete