Thursday, February 4, 2010

Council Investiture

Hello people! I was invested into the council yesterday! Sorry for giving you this lag news because yesterday was a trying day due to having to usher the representatives from other schools on a school tour.
I think that the experience was also a good one. I felt that the speeches given by last year's High School Council Vice-President and the Guest-of-honour were very inspiring. I think it was because both of the people served in the council before in both the high school and college sections, therefore they know what and how councillors think. Both of them wanted the best for the school, just like the Council Pledge stated, we would serve with pride and with passion for the school.
Although the representatives didn't get to watch the photo montage(the computer hanged), we sand a very good council song. This year's song was "21 Guns". Its actually a tribute to a leaving council mentor, Mr Yap.
So, I am finally a councillor! I think that a councillor is a leader, a team-player and most of all, somebody who values friendship. What about you? Write in to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment