Saturday, May 30, 2009

Main topic in June Holidays

Hi guys! The holidays are just around the corner, in fact, they ARE already here. Anyway, I have training almost everyday in the holidays, but I will try my best to update the blog. The topics may be a bit random, but actually the main one's going to be about Village By The Sea, a literature text that I studied in term 2. I find it quite interesting as the themes that the author uses in her books are real problems faced by people in the slums. Their lives are, in fact, actually rubbish. They live day to day and if any problems crop up along the way, like incurring of debt, they will live with it for the rest of their lives. For example, if they incur a small debt, they cannot get rid of their debt as long as they live as they earn so little that they only have the infinitesimally small fraction of their salary to spend, (supposing they have one). This is explained in the book, Village by the sea. Therefore, I want to discuss about this book in the holidays. Visit my blog frequently to read my comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment