Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Never Take Drugs

Olympics,Five Months ago...
Commentator#1:My,if Phelps wins this one,he's going to set a world record!I think I can see the headlines now!"Phelps knocks Spitz out of world records!"That's going to be a blast!And they're off!Phelps seems to be lagging behind!Doesn't he want to be the world record holder?They're turning now!Oh!Phelps turns!He charges!Those massive strokes!He's first already!Leads by a metre!Wins!Phelps is the world record holder!Oh My God!.......
Five months later...
The media splashes its "hot" news on newspapers,the television news and the Internet."Phelps on probation for taking drugs".
Phelps is almost banned for 4 years for taking drugs,namely cannabis.Somebody who wished to be anonymous saw him smoking out of a pipe called a "bong".
See what drugs can do to you?I bet that Phelps parents,coach and the whole of united states was really disappointed to see their national sports hero taking drugs.He was meant to be a role model,but look at him now!Does he mean that he wants everybody to take drugs?I don't think so.
Although he has already apologised to the whole world, I still have a bad impression of him.
What about you,viewers?Send in your comments so that I may know!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was really shocked too. I didn't even know it (I don't have a habit of reading newspaper.) until my classmate show me the newspaper she brought.

    Eww, I'm totally disgusted. He's rich, he broke the record... But so what? Everything is gone with one mistake he made. And that's taking drugs.

    I used to like him (partially because of Gladys), and thought that he totally rocks. But now, I despise him.

    Infact, I will despise everyone who take drugs.

    I hope that everyone will think twice about the consequences of taking drugs. Ruining your future is one thing. Most importantly, his family, friends, fans will be totally disappointed. He would lose their trust. If you know the consequences, then don't do it.

    Once again, I have to say, eww, I think he doesn't rock anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I think that Michael Phelps was a disgrace to his country and relatives. Soon after he became a star, what did he do? He did the worse thing one could ever do in their whole life-take drugs.
    I was really shocked.
    What happened to him?
    What happened to the ambitious Michael Phelps?
    I was truly disappointed by the man who indeed gave us a lot of surprises in the Bei Jing Olympic Games. Like you said, Li yang, although he has already apologised to the whole world, I still have a bad impression of him. People would not look so highly of him now.
    Michael Phelps wasted his whole future and life because of his temptation of taking drugs. His mother would have too been disappointed with him, I beleive. His friends would avoid him.
    Although I was truly a fan of his and rooted for him in every race, I was truly disgusted by what he had done.
    I take this opportunity to tell all the students out there, DO NOT take DRUGS!!!(unless you want to land in the same fate as Michael Phelps, which a lot of friends evaded him)
    Yours truly and utmost sincerely,
    Seow Jing Ye

    ReplyDelete